The AVP Education Network is a collaboration of active committees with many teams and workgroups that are involved in a variety of tasks. For a current list of these teams and workgroups, click here.
AVP facilitators are invited to:
- Attend monthly meetings and join in the discussion of the work of the committee.
- Join the education committee email group and participate in discussions.
- Work on education committee projects and tasks.
Conducting global meetings can be technically challenging.
Two strategies have been put in place to give more people opportunities for access and participation. If you are experiencing difficulty joining a meeting:
1) We always have an agenda on Googledocs that we follow during the meeting. We try to write everything that is being said so anyone who can open the googledoc link can follow along and add comments by simply clicking on the area you want to add to and type in your comment. The Googledoc links can be found on the committee Google team drives and members can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The International Education Committee agenda link can also be found on the committee section of the AVP International website (registered users).
2) The AVP International Education Bulletin is produced every two weeks. The Bulletin highlights the top issues that the education committees are working on. We send these updates to you through email. This gives everyone the opportunity to offer feedback on these issues in a timely manner.
We realise these strategies are not a replacement for having you participate in the meeting. But the Bulletins have been warmly received by committee members and have kept members informed and engaged in committee actions.
- Regularly attend the meetings of the Education Team or Workgroup you join.
- Participate in the discussions of the team or workgroup.
- Work on the team projects and tasks.
- Receive the Education Bulletin every two weeks.
- Read and share the information with AVP colleagues.
- If you would like to receive copies of the Education Bulletin you will either need to be a member of the AVP International Education Committee, the AVP USA Education Committee or a member of the firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com email groups, or a member of the AVP International Coordination Committee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the Discussion email group.
- Contributions of activities, exercises, agendas, manuals, translations, articles related to AVP education can be sent to email@example.com.
To join any of the following AVP International email groups: AVP World, AVP Discussion or AVP Research: firstname.lastname@example.org
To join any of your local or national AVP email discussion groups, contact your local or national webmaster.
If you like to attend AVP gatherings, join in email discussion groups, or work with people on committees…. YOU ARE A GATEWAY CONTACT.
If you seek information on AVP websites or regularly receive information from AVP from chat groups or newsletters….. YOU ARE A GATEWAY CONTACT.
If you like to attend AVP gatherings, join in email discussion groups, or work with people on committees.... YOU ARE A GATEWAY CONTACT.
If you seek information on AVP websites or regularly receive information from AVP from chat groups or newsletters.... YOU ARE A GATEWAY CONTACT.
We would like to connect you and other gateway contacts to share what you have learned with your local group. We want to make sure you get the information you are seeking, easily and quickly. To join this network contact the webmaster at email@example.com and ask to be joined to firstname.lastname@example.org email group. Or join your local or national AVP email groups.
Support for Local AVP Groups
The AVP International Education Committee mission:
Fostering facilitator growth and quality AVP workshops.
All the publications, resources and services described on this website are developed to support local facilitators conducting workshops.